Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Take me back to the start"

Welcome all ye who enter this blog.

Chances are, you were roped into this blog based on your curiosity of the title. And hopefully I will not disappoint. I am attempting to visit each sushi bar in Houston, Texas, at least once, and write about each visit.

First, a little background: I am a 26 year old gal living and working in Houston. A long time blog reader, personal blog writer (lj, etc), and am now venturing into the fold of the world wide web to do a blog about something near to my heart:

Sushi.

I know. "Sushi is so overdone these days" is probably the next few words out of your mouth. And, you wouldn't be wrong. It seems as though every Buffet, chop-shop and Kwik-E mart is selling their own version of fish and rice, and new sushi bars are popping up seemingly all over the place.

And, the fourth largest city in the world is no exception. The sushi of my youth (read: the 90's) was only to be had in one or two places across town. I've recently moved back near my parents and found a variety of places with their own sashimi plate ready for the taking.

However, where does one begin? At first glance I am a little hesitent of the new, especially when it comes to sushi. Who knows what wonders lie in the nearby knooks, if one does not sample?

Inspired by the blog, Every Bar In San Francisco: 1 Drink at Every SF Watering Hole, I decided a few weeks ago to bite the proverbial sushi bullet and try and visit every bar, buffet claiming to have sushi, or pretty much every restaurant that touts it's own sushi...in the city of Houston.

I don't know how long it will take me, and I'm not sure if I can do it all. However, I'm up for the challenge. There will be photos, amateur reviews, and friends along the way.

I'm going to try every sushi bar in town, join me, won't you?

2 comments:

  1. Truly a daunting yet noble task, much field research will be needed, countless grueling hours sampling, cataloguing and documenting sushi in the wild.

    In the name of science!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beware of allergic reactions to deep water fishes. I'm just sayin'.....

    ReplyDelete