Tuesday, October 25, 2011

We Interrupt This Blog...

There has been no cooking this week for many reasons; one is lack of motivation, and the other lack of time.  Between work and housework, I have been volunteering for the bi-annual campaign for KUHF/KUHA (if you'd like to donate, click either here or here). Volunteering is such a great way to feel a part of something bigger than yourself-- what better local non-profit to donate to, become a member of, and volunteer for than the local news and classical radio station?  They provide an excellent service to the community, I can't help but feel compelled to give back.

Also, J has been working late hours and work has provided food, so there's only me, and I am usually content with cereal rather than pulling out pots and pans for a meal where 75% of it will go into the fridge only to never be eaten again.  This in no way implies that I will be that Haversham-esque Aunt that keeps only boxes and boxes of powdered potato flakes, cat food, and dry milk around the house.  Not at all.  

This weekend has a poor cooking outlook as I have a friend coming into town and we'll be up at the Texas Renaissance Festival.

What's a gal to do for a cooking blog, then?  No matter.  I will return triumphant next week, hopefully full of ideas and recipes and flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment