Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Food Truck of the Month: Good Dog Hot Dogs

Yes, I have jumped on the Food Truck bandwagon, and No, I don't care what people think--I for one welcome our food truck overlords.

That being said, I'd like this to be a recurring spot here at R.Abandon, and what better way to start us off than with Hot Dogs, non?





Good Dog Hot Dogs is an established truck here in Houston. They serve Texas-made all natural hot dogs on locally made buns, and delicious hand-made and fried potato chips that will down-right knock your socks off. They make their own condiments, too (drooling yet?).

The chips come in a generous portion, and will be gone before you know it (so you can share with someone, but why would you?!)

(The "Zapata" with Jalapeno Relish...yum!)


They are most certainly a truck worth following. Also--Let's not get into the fact that their generator was stolen in the same week that we had a break-in at my house.

Suffice to say that I support them and jock them when I can because the food is good, and I want to see them survive. Having a major part of your business taken from you not only makes you feel terrible but also jeopardizes your existence as a mobile food truck.

So go for the food, tip heavy, and enjoy the hell out of your meal:
http://www.gooddogfoodtruck.com/
also, for you twitter-ers out there:
http://twitter.com/#!/GoodDogHotDogs

2 comments:

  1. This almost makes me want to eat meat again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, they have tofu dogs! They aren't terribly vegan friendly, but vegetarians can enjoy too!

    I haven't tried a tofu dog of theirs yet, but that is on my list to try next.

    ReplyDelete