Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"That's It. I'm Cooking a Chicken."

Monday I was once again uninspired.  The lethal combination of listlessness and preoccupation with other housework usually means one thing.  No dinner cooked on Monday or Tuesday night!

What to do?  I can't leave J out in the culinary cold for that long (he survived, however). 


At work I decided, "Screw it.  I'm cooking a chicken."

Against my better judgement (and high-fallootin' post about eating local and fair-raised animal meats), I ran to the local grocery and bought a whole chicken (heaven help me!).  



To begin, I modified the garlic chicken recipe from a few weeks ago.  Instead of chicken pieces, I threw a whole bird in there on top of a generous amount of onion strips, and put in about 10 garlic cloves.  The 40 bulbs proved to be good but perhaps a bit overpowering, so I decided to scale back this time in the name of science, and taste.

 I also did a quick rub on all sides that comprised of cracked pepper, kosher salt, and cumin, just to experiment.  It may be bad, but then again, my recent understanding of slow-cookers is that they are magic machines that house special fairies that make everything contained therein delicious and photogenic.  Optional ad line: "The 'Glamour Shots' of the culinary world!"

Great. Now karma is going to kick me and this is going to taste awful.  Well, it will be worth the story, anyway!

More later with updates and more pics.  For now, I'll leave you with this. Enjoy! (I know I did!)

No comments:

Post a Comment