Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Hotness

Well, another year, another failed blog. My sushi challenge stopped somewhere in between "wow sushi is expensive" and "neato, I have a boyfriend!" I decided to leave old postings around for my own rememberance of things past (especially failures), and to show you where I've been.

I woke up last week and realized, finally, that I loved food. Really, it was more of final acceptance. I realized that I loved not just sushi, but all things edible. Combine that with the fact that I recently moved in with my boyfriend about two months ago, I have had a need to cook. Money, time, etc.

Yes, me. Cooking.

Let me explain: I've always baked, and felt comfortable in that world. You name it, I've either tried to bake it or been wise enough not to try (I'm looking your way, patachou).

But Cooking?! What strange new world, with such ingredients in it!
I've no real experience cooking. I've never been a server (lest you count that brief stint with catering in college), and I've only ever darkend the doorstep of one or two cooking classes in my brief lifetime.

The only thing I have under my belt (har har) thus far is necessity. And as they say, necessity is the mother of digestion.

Or was that convection?

No. Conviction. That's it. Time to serve up some big heeping bowls of the stuff--No longer is it about "cute" challenges or "money spent" anymore, but rather the love, and necessity, of the food itself. Flavors mingling as the ingredients form together and the science behind it all. Join me, won't you?

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! What I think it so interesting is that baking is much more difficult than cooking, and I just started to bake after avoiding it for years and years. Great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete